Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year....

A new year is upon us and with it, another chance at new promises and resolutions.  But as I was perusing Facebook last week, I noticed an update that said "I don't make resolutions, I make goals" or something like that.  That resonated with me as I (along with everyone else) would make annual resolutions that would last a few days at best.  Then back to normal.  But after reading that post, I thought to myself:  "Self, instead of the yearly fail-fest, why not take the same approach as that other lad and make a few goals.  And work to achieve them".  So that is what I am doing this year and will outline them below.

1.  Complete two half Ironman's.  One will be in Kansas in June, the other will be a repeat of Augusta in September.

2.  Finish Augusta HIM in under 5.5 hours.  That is a stretch - but with proper training and fitness, I hope to be able to do it. That would be almost a 2 hour improvement over 2011, but I can improve the bike by about 30-45 mins, and should be able to cut over an hour off my run time.

3.  Ride my bike at least 2000 miles this year.  That includes rides on the trainer - total miles greater than 2k miles.

4.  Update this blog at least 2x per month.

One thing I will also be doing this year is posting my weight from time to time.  That's going back to an earlier post on 'being honest' with myself.  As of 1/02/2012, my weight is 284 lbs.  That's pretty much where I started last January where the Slow Carb diet had me drop about 40 lbs in 3 months.  That will be my plan again - Slow Carb (starting tomorrow when I return to work) - but will add a ton more workouts than last year.  I have kicked ass on the bike trainer and gym for the last few weeks and am happy with my progress.  The weight will come - oh yes - it will come.

And that, my friends, is the 1st post of the new year.  Here's to wishing you much success and happiness in this new year.  CarpeAnnum!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment